Is a national Association, operating in across the three regions of Malawi.. It was set up in September 2005.
PACAM operates through a board of Directors and secretariat based in Lilongwe Area 14.
“- A country where all people with life threatening illnesses are free from pain and distress.”
PACAM is a network of individuals and organizations working together to support and develop affordable and culturally appropriate palliative care in Malawi; improving access and building quality.
AIMS OF PACAM
- To encourage the holistic care of chronically ill HIVAIDS and cancer patients.
- To facilitate networking and communication between palliative care providers in Malawi.
- To promote the development of palliative care services.
- To increase awareness of palliative care (advocacy).
- To establish a resource base for palliative care.
PACAM upholds the following values and guiding principles in all its operations:
- To always strive for excellence
- Achieving-organizational objectives through partnerships
- To be result oriented
- To always promote equity
- Driven by compassion
WHY PALLIATIVE CARE? To assist patients with HIV/AIDS and Cancer to be pain and symptom free in order to improve their quality of life.